Equity Source Lending Is committed to ensuring your privacy. We strive to protect the confidentiality of all information that you provide. In order to make improvements to our web site, we may track the way visitors use the site, however, that information is used only as generic system information, and is not used at an individual level. We do not sell individual user information, profile information or generic system information to third parties.
If you apply for a loan we may collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
• Information we receive from you on applications and other forms;
• Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others; and
• Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency.
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our customers or former customers to anyone, except as permitted by law.
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products and services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
Our web site may use “cookies” to measure site activity and to customize information to fit your preferences. Cookies enable the site to remember who you are. We do not record personal or sensitive information in our cookies. If you wish not to accept cookies you can configure your browser to reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set.
Definition of Cookies
A “cookie” is a small piece of information sent by a web server to a web browser enabling the browser to remember specific bits of information. The information stored within a cookie can be read only by the web server that originally sent the cookie.
Types of Cookies
The two types of cookies are session cookies and persistent cookies. The key difference between session cookies and persistent cookies is the time of expiration. Session cookies expire at the end of the session and Persistent cookies do not expire at the end of the session.
We take your online privacy serious and you can be assured that any information provided by you will be kept confidential.
Products and Services
Home Mortgage products and services are offered through Equity Source Lending. Not all products and services described are available in all states of the USA, or elsewhere in the world.
Fair Lending Policy
Equity Source Lending does not discriminate against any applicant or discourage anyone on a prohibited basis from submitting an application. To assure that our employees have a clear and unequivocal statement of our commitment to a nondiscriminatory method of doing business, we have adopted the following fair lending policy. Employees must be thoroughly familiar with this policy and follow it.
• We do not discriminate against a loan applicant or borrower on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, handicap, age, the fact that all or part of an applicant’s income comes from any public assistance program or because the applicant has exercised any right under any relevant state or federal law.
• We do not selectively encourage applicants and we take no action that would, on a prohibited basis, discourage a reasonable person from applying for a mortgage loan.
• We do not, on a prohibited basis, refuse to make a loan, vary the terms offered including the amount, interest rate, period or type of loan, or use different standards to evaluate collateral or decide whether to extend credit.
• We avoid practices or policies that have a discriminatory effect. This rule applies to all phases of our mortgage lending business. It applies even though we do not intend the policy or practice to be discriminatory and even if the policy or practice appears to be neutral.
• We have adopted nondiscriminatory loan underwriting standards that avoid subjective, unwritten rules that can have a discriminatory effect. We make these underwriting standards public upon request at each of our offices.
• We make sure that our scoring system is empirically derived and statistically sound and uses no prohibited basis other than age as a predictive factor.
• We train our loan personnel in the principles of fair processing and underwriting.
• Our Quality Control Manager regularly reviews both our loan underwriting standards and the business practices by which we implement them to determine whether they ensure equal lending opportunity and reports to management.
• We periodically review our loan portfolio and applications to make sure that we are serving the community adequately and on a nondiscriminatory basis in light of the community’s demographic characteristics and credit demands.
• We conspicuously display the poster in a public area of each of our facilities stating that we are ascribing to the Equal
Housing Act. Additionally, on all forms of advertisements, regardless of media, we include the Equal Housing Opportunity logo and/or the Equal Housing Opportunity slogan.
Monitoring and Blocking
LIMITATION OF LIABILTY
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, WEBSITES OWNED BY AFFINITY MORTGAGE AND THE CONTENT THEREOF IS AT YOUR RISK. YOU AGREE, THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL AMERICAN FUNDING BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING FROM VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES OR OTHER CODE THAT HAS CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES OR YOUR REFERENCING, USING, ACCESSING, INABILITY TO USE OR ACCESS OR LINKING TO OR FROM THE WEBSITES OF EQUITY SOURCE LENDING OR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT THEREOF. There are some jurisdictions that do not allow for the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for consequential or incidental damages. Based on this conclusion, the liability of Equity Source Lending is limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
Governing Law; Sever-ability